Amoxyclav 625 Tablet
Salt Composition Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
MRP ₹ 201.57
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 10 tablets
Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (e.g., pneumonia), ear, nasal sinus, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold
Uses / Indications: Bacterial infections
- Product composition:
- Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
Consuming alcohol with Amoxyclav 625 Tablet does not cause any harmful side effects.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
- Expert advice:
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance. Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Amoxyclav 625 Tablet may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps. Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach. Stop taking Amoxyclav 625 Tablet and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it. Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
- Side Effects:
- Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them Common side effects of Amoxyclav Vomiting Nausea Diarrhea
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxycillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxycillin against bacteria.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What is Amoxyclav 625 Tablet? Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid. It is used to treat bacterial infections like, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, bone infection, and oral cavity infections. The medicine works by killing the harmful bacteria that cause infections. Q. Is it safe to use Amoxyclav 625 Tablet? Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is safe to use when taken as advised by the doctor. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, allergic reaction and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem during the course of your treatment, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Q. Are there any specific cautions associated with the use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet? The use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to penicillins or any other ingredient of the medicine. It should not be used in patients with a history of liver disease. Therefore, inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicines. Q. Can the use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet cause contraceptive failure? Yes, the use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet can lower the efficacy of birth control pills. Consult your doctor and seek advice regarding the use of other methods of contraception (e.g., condom, diaphragm, spermicide) while you are taking Amoxyclav 625 Tablet. Q. Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet? No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet can increase the risks of side effects. Amoxyclav 625 Tablet takes time to show its full effect and treat your infection. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation. Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet? Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose off the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people. Q. Can I stop taking Amoxyclav 625 Tablet when my symptoms are relieved? No, do not stop taking Amoxyclav 625 Tablet before completing the full course of the treatment, even if you feel better. Your symptoms may improve before the infection is completely cured. Hence, continue taking the medicine for the due course as the medicine may still be showing beneficial effects. Q. Can Amoxyclav 625 Tablet cause an allergic reaction? Yes, Amoxyclav 625 Tablet can cause an allergic reaction. It is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to penicillins. Get emergency medical help if you have any signs of allergic reaction like hives, difficulty breathing, or swelling of your face, lips, tongue or throat. Q. Can the use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet cause diarrhea? Yes, the use of Amoxyclav 625 Tablet can cause diarrhea. It is an antibiotic which kills the harmful bacteria. In addition to that, the medicine may affect the helpful bacteria in your stomach or intestine as well and cause diarrhea. In case you experience diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice any signs of dehydration, like less frequency of urination with dark colored and strong-smelling urine. Do not take any other medicine without consulting a doctor.