Clavam 625 Tablet
Manufacturer Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Salt Composition Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
MRP ₹ 204.85
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 10 tablets
Clavam 625 Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (e.g., pneumonia), ear, nasal sinus, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold.
What is Clavam 625 Tablet?
Clavam 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid. It is used to treat bacterial infections like, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, bone infection, and oral cavity infections. The medicine works by killing the harmful bacteria that cause infections.
Is it safe to use Clavam 625 Tablet?
Clavam 625 Tablet is safe to use when taken as advised by the doctor. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, allergic reaction and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem during the course of your treatment, inform your doctor as soon as possible.
Are there any specific cautions associated with the use of Clavam 625 Tablet?
The use of Clavam 625 Tablet is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to penicillins or any other ingredient of the medicine. It should not be used in patients with a history of liver disease. Therefore, inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicines.
Can the use of Clavam 625 Tablet cause contraceptive failure?
Yes, the use of Clavam 625 Tablet can lower the efficacy of birth control pills. Consult your doctor and seek advice regarding the use of other methods of contraception (e.g., condom, diaphragm, spermicide) while you are taking Clavam 625 Tablet.
Can I take a higher than the recommended dose of Clavam 625 Tablet?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose of Clavam 625 Tablet can increase the risks of side effects. Clavam 625 Tablet takes time to show its full effect and treat your infection. If you are experiencing increased severity of your symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.
What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Clavam 625 Tablet?
Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose off the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.
Alkem Laboratories Limited, Devashish Building, Alkem House, Senapati Bapat Road, Lower Parel, Mumbai - 400 013.
Country of origin: India
Expires on or after: June, 2024
Uses / Indications: Bacterial infections
- Product composition:
- Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
Consuming alcohol with Clavam 625 Tablet does not cause any harmful side effects.
Clavam 625 Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy.
Clavam 625 Tablet is safe to use during breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Clavam 625 Tablet is generally considered safe to use during pregnancy. Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effects to the developing baby; however, there are limited human studies.
- Expert advice:
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat bacterial infections even if they have developed resistance. Finish the prescribed course, even if you start to feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect. Taking probiotics along with Clavam 625 Tablet may help. Talk to your doctor if you notice bloody stools or develop abdominal cramps. Take it with food and plenty of fluids to avoid an upset stomach. Stop taking Clavam 625 Tablet and inform your doctor immediately if you develop an itchy rash, swelling of the face, throat or tongue or breathing difficulties while taking it. Do not use leftover medicine for treating any infection in the future. Always consult your doctor before taking any antibiotic.
- Side Effects:
- Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them Common side effects of Clavam Vomiting Nausea Diarrhea
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Clavam 625 Tablet is to be taken with food.
- How it works:
- Clavam 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxycillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxycillin against bacteria.