Novaclav 625 Tablet
Manufacturer Cipla Ltd
Salt Composition Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
MRP ₹ 121.02
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 6 tablet
Novaclav 625 Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (e.g., pneumonia), ear, nasal sinus, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold
Uses / Indications: Novaclav -625 Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
- Product composition:
- Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Novaclav -625 Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhoea.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Novaclav -625 Tablet is to be taken with food.This will help to avoid stomach upset.
- How it works:
- Novaclav -625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate amoxicillin. Addition of Clavulanic Acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxicillin against bacteria.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What is Novaclav 625 Tablet? Novaclav 625 Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid. It is used to treat bacterial infections like, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, bone infection, and oral cavity infections. The medicine works by killing the harmful bacteria that cause infections. Q. Is it safe to use Novaclav 625 Tablet? Novaclav 625 Tablet is safe to use when taken as advised by the doctor. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, allergic reaction and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem during the course of your treatment, inform your doctor as soon as possible. Q. Are there any specific cautions associated with the use of Novaclav 625 Tablet? The use of Novaclav 625 Tablet is considered to be harmful for patients with known allergy to penicillins or any other ingredient of the medicine. It should not be used in patients with a history of liver disease. Therefore, inform your doctor if you are allergic to any medicines.