Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet
Salt Composition Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
MRP ₹ 201.71
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 10 tablets
Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is a penicillin-type of antibiotic that helps your body fight infections caused by bacteria. It is used to treat infections of the lungs (e.g., pneumonia), ear, nasal sinus, urinary tract, skin, and soft tissue. It will not work for viral infections such as the common cold
Uses / Indications: Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used for the short-term treatment of bacterial infection eg. tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis, lobar and bronchopneumonia, cystitis, urethritis, pyelonephritis, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, osteomyelitis, dentoalveolar abscess.
- Product composition:
- Amoxycillin (500mg) + Clavulanic Acid (125mg)
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhoea.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is to be taken with food.This will help to avoid stomach upset.
- How it works:
- Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxicillin and Potassium Clavulanate. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Potassium Clavulanate is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate amoxicillin. Addition of Potassium Clavulanate reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxicillin against bacteria.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What is Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet? Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is a combination of two medicines: Amoxycillin and Clavulanic acid. It is used to treat bacterial infections like, tonsillitis, sinusitis, otitis media, respiratory tract infections, urinary tract infections, boils, abscesses, cellulitis, wound infection, bone infection, and oral cavity infections. The medicine works by killing the harmful bacteria that cause infections. Q. Is it safe to use Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet? Augmentin 625 Duo Tablet is safe to use when taken as advised by the doctor. However, in some patients, it may cause common side effects like diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, rash, allergic reaction and other uncommon or rare side effects. If you experience any persistent problem during the course of your treatment, inform your doctor as soon as possible.