Chericof Syrup 60 ml
Manufacturer Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Salt Composition Phenylephrine (5mg/5ml) + Chlorpheniramine Maleate
MRP ₹ 70.00
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Bottle of 60 ml syrup
Chericof Syrup is a combination medicine used in the treatment of dry cough. It relieves allergic symptoms such as sneezing, runny nose, watery eyes, and throat irritation. It also provides relief from congestion or stuffiness in the nose. Chericof Syrup is taken with or without food in a dose and duration as advised by the doctor. The dose you are given will depend on your condition and how you respond to the medicine. You should keep taking this medicine for as long as your doctor recommends. If you stop treatment too early your symptoms may come back and your condition may worsen. Let your healthcare team know about all other medications you are taking as some may affect, or be affected by this medicine. The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite, and headache. Most of these are temporary and usually resolve with time.
Uses / Indications: Dry cough
- Product composition:
- Phenylephrine (5mg/5ml) + Chlorpheniramine Maleate (2mg/5ml) + Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide (10mg/5ml)
Caution is advised when consuming alcohol with Chericof Syrup. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Chericof Syrup may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Chericof Syrup helps in the treatment of dry cough. It is usually taken only for a short time until the symptoms clear up. Measure the syrup with a special dose-measuring spoon or cup, not a regular table spoon. Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication. Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor if your cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache.
- Side Effects:
- Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them Common side effects of Chericof Nausea Vomiting Loss of appetite Headache
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Measure it with a measuring cup and take it by mouth. Shake well before use. Chericof Syrup may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Chericof Syrup is a combination of three medicines: Phenylephrine, Chlorpheniramine Maleate and Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide, which relieves dry cough. Phenylephrine is a decongestant which narrows the small blood vessels providing relief from congestion or stuffiness in the nose. Chlorpheniramine Maleate is an antiallergic which relieves allergy symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide is a cough suppressant that relieves cough by reducing the activity of cough center in the brain.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. Can I breastfeed while taking Chericof Syrup? No, it is not advisable to breastfeed while using Chericof Syrup. This medicine contains Chlorpheniramine, an antihistamine, which can pass into the breast milk and may harm the baby. Inform your doctor that you are breastfeeding if you are advised to take this medicine. Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Chericof Syrup? Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.