Acivir 800 DT Tablet
Manufacturer Cipla Ltd
Salt Composition Acyclovir (800mg)
MRP ₹ 223.85
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 5 tablets
Acivir 800 DT Tablet is an antiviral medicine. It helps in treating viral infections like herpes labialis, herpes simplex, shingles, genital herpes infection, and chickenpox. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells and therefore helps in clearing the infection
Uses / Indications: Acivir 800mg Tablet DT is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection, chickenpox and herpes zoster.
- Product composition:
- Acyclovir (800mg)
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Acivir 800mg Tablet DT.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Acivir 800mg Tablet DT is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better. Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Acivir. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage. Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted. You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Acivir for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Fever.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Dissolve it in a glass of water before taking it. Acivir 800mg Tablet DT may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Acivir 800mg Tablet DT is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is dydrogesterone same as progesterone? : No. Dydrogesterone is an artificially synthesized drug which is very similar to the naturally produced female hormone progesterone. Its action in the body is closely related to progesterone|Is dydrogesterone safe? : Yes. Dydrogesterone is safe if used at the prescribed does for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor|Is dydrogesterone banned in USA? : No dydrogesterone is not banned by the US FDA (US- Food and Drug Administration)
- Medicine interaction:
- Acivir with Didanosine|Acivir with Abacavir|Acivir with Stavudine|Acivir with Xylometazoline|Acivir with Tenofovir|Acivir with Oxymetazoline|Acivir with Zidovudine|Acivir with Entecavir|Acivir with Phenylephrine|Acivir with Adefovir|Acivir with Oxymetazoline (topical)|Acivir with Telbivudine|Acivir with Lamivudine|Acivir with Theophylline|Acivir with Cyclosporine|Acivir with Mycophenolate mofetil|Acivir with Lafutidine|Acivir with Cimetidine|Acivir with Probenecid|Acivir with Famotidine|Acivir with Nizatidine|Acivir with Roxatidine|Acivir with Ranitidine