Zovirax 800 Tablet
Salt Composition Acyclovir (800mg)
MRP ₹ 201.95
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 5 tablets
Zovirax 800 Tablet is an antiviral medicine. It helps in treating viral infections like herpes labialis, herpes simplex, shingles, genital herpes infection, and chickenpox. It prevents the multiplication of virus in human cells and therefore helps in clearing the infection
Uses / Indications: Zovirax 800mg Tablet is used in the treatment of herpes labialis, genital herpes infection, chickenpox and herpes zoster.
- Product composition:
- Acyclovir (800mg)
It is generally safe to consume alcohol with Zovirax 800mg Tablet.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Zovirax 800mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better. Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Zovirax. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage. Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted. You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Zovirax for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication. Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Side Effects:
- Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Dizziness, Fatigue, Diarrhoea, Abdominal pain, Skin rash, Fever.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Zovirax 800mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
- How it works:
- Zovirax 800mg Tablet is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. Does Zovirax 800 Tablet prevent transmission of infection to others? No, you can infect other people, even while you are being treated with Zovirax 800 Tablet. Herpes infections are contagious, so avoid letting infected areas come into contact with other people. Avoid touching your eyes after touching an infected area. Wash your hands frequently to prevent transmitting the infection to others. You should practice safe sex by using condoms. You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. Q. What are the serious side effects of Zovirax 800 Tablet? Serious side effects are rare, but if you experience them, you should seek medical advice right away. These rare side effects include hives, blistering or peeling rash, yellow skin or eyes, unusual bruising or bleeding, loss of consciousness, fits, difficulty in breathing, hallucinations and swelling of the face, tongue, lips or throat.
- Medicine interaction:
- Zovirax with Telbivudine|Zovirax with Zidovudine|Zovirax with Lamivudine|Zovirax with Tenofovir|Zovirax with Stavudine|Zovirax with Xylometazoline|Zovirax with Didanosine|Zovirax with Entecavir|Zovirax with Oxymetazoline (topical)|Zovirax with Oxymetazoline|Zovirax with Abacavir|Zovirax with Phenylephrine|Zovirax with Adefovir|Zovirax with Theophylline|Zovirax with Cyclosporine|Zovirax with Mycophenolate mofetil|Zovirax with Nizatidine|Zovirax with Famotidine|Zovirax with Roxatidine|Zovirax with Probenecid|Zovirax with Lafutidine|Zovirax with Ranitidine|Zovirax with Cimetidine