Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup
Manufacturer Cipla Ltd
Salt Composition Amoxycillin (200mg/5ml) + Clavulanic Acid (28.5mg/
MRP ₹ 60.81
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Bottle of 30 ml syrup
Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup is an antibiotic medicine that helps treat bacterial infections of the ear, nose, throat, chest, lungs, teeth, skin, and urinary tract. It is capable of killing bacteria that have become resistant to other therapies and thus also helps treat tuberculosis that is resistant to other treatments
Uses / Indications: Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup is used in the treatment of bacterial infections.
- Product composition:
- Amoxycillin (200mg/5ml) + Clavulanic Acid (28.5mg/5ml)
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Rash, Vomiting, Allergic reaction, Nausea, Diarrhoea.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Dissolve the powder in sterile water. Shake well and use. Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup is to be taken with food.This will help to avoid stomach upset.
- How it works:
- Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup is a combination of two medicines: Amoxicillin and Clavulanic Acid. Amoxicillin is an antibiotic. It works by preventing the formation of the bacterial protective covering which is essential for the survival of bacteria in the human body. Clavulanic Acid is a beta-lactamase inhibitor which blocks the action of enzymes produced by bacteria to inactivate amoxicillin. Addition of Clavulanic Acid reduces resistance and enhances the activity of Amoxicillin against bacteria.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. Can other medicines be given at the same time as Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup? Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup can sometimes interact with other medicines or substances. Tell your doctor about any other medicines your child is taking before starting Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup. Also, check with your child’s doctor before giving any medicine to your child. Q. Can I get my child vaccinated while on treatment with Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup? Antibiotics usually do not interfere with the ingredients in vaccines or cause a bad reaction in a child who has just been vaccinated. However, children taking antibiotics should not get vaccinated until they recover from the illness. As soon as your child feels better, the vaccine can be given. Q. Which lab tests may my child undergo while taking Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup on a long-term basis? With prolonged therapy, the doctor may monitor kidney and liver function tests periodically to keep a check on your child’s condition. Q. Can I give a higher than the recommended dose of Advent 228.5mg Dry Syrup to my child? No, giving a higher than recommended dose of this medicine can increase the risks of side effects. If your child experiences increased severity of symptoms, please consult your doctor for re-evaluation.