Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR
Manufacturer Sanofi India Ltd
Salt Composition Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (500mg) + Voglibose
MRP ₹ 153.09
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 15 tablets
Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR belongs to a category of medicines known as anti-diabetic drugs. It is a combination of medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
Uses / Indications: Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Product composition:
- Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (500mg) + Voglibose (0.2mg)
Interactions / Warnings:
Taking Voglibose with alcohol reduce the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Nausea, Diarrhoea, Altered taste, Flatulence, Stomach pain, Headache, Skin rash, Respiratory tract infection.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR is to be taken with food.Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR may cause stomach upset if taken on empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR is a combination of three antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride, metformin and voglibose. They work by different mechanisms to provide better control of blood sugar when single or dual therapy is not effective. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which lowers glucose production in the liver, delays glucose absorption from intestines and increases the body's sensitivity to insulin. Voglibose is an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor which prevents breakdown of complex sugars into simple sugars such as glucose. This prevents blood glucose from rising very high after meals.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What is Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR? Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR is a combination of three medicines: Glimepiride, Metformin and Voglibose. This medicine is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). It improves the blood glucose levels in adults when taken along with proper diet and regular exercise. Glimepiride lowers the blood glucose levels by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas. Metformin works by lowering the glucose production in the liver and improving insulin sensitivity. Voglibose is an alpha-glucosidase inhibitor which lowers the postprandial (after meals) glucose levels in the body. This combination is not indicated for the treatment of Type 1 DM. Q. What are the possible side effects of Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR? The use of Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR is associated with common side effects like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), nausea, diarrhea, altered taste, flatulence, stomach pain, headache, skin rash and respiratory tract infection. Q. Are there any specific conditions in which Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR should not be taken? The use of Amaryl MV 1mg Tablet SR should be avoided in patients with known allergy to any of the components or excipients of this medicine. The use of this medicine is also avoided in patients with moderate to severe kidney disease and in patients with inflammatory bowel disease, colonic ulcerations and underlying metabolic acidosis including diabetic ketoacidosis.