Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR
Manufacturer Sanofi India Ltd
Salt Composition Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (500mg)
MRP ₹ 220.78
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 20 tablets
Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR belongs to a category of medicines known as anti-diabetic drugs. It is a combination of two medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
Uses / Indications: Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Product composition:
- Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (500mg)
Taking metformin with alcohol can cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, sleepiness, stomach upset, or other unusual symptoms.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Altered taste, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR is to be taken with food.Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR may cause stomach upset if taken empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What is Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR? Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR is a combination of two medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. This medicine is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM). It improves blood glucose levels in adults when taken along with proper diet and regular exercise. Glimepiride lowers the blood glucose levels by increasing the release of insulin from the pancreas. Metformin works by lowering the glucose production in the liver and improving insulin sensitivity. This combination is not indicated for the treatment of type 1 DM. Q. What are the possible side effects of Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR? The use of Amaryl M 1mg Tablet PR is associated with common side effects like hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), altered taste, nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, headache and upper respiratory tract infection. Its use can also lead to serious but rare side effects like lactic acidosis. On long-term use it can also lead to Vitamin B12 deficiency.