Althrocin 250 Tablet
Manufacturer Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Salt Composition Erythromycin (250mg)
MRP ₹ 51.70
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 10 tablet
Althrocin 250 Tablet is an antibiotic used to treat various types of infections. It is effective in most infections of the respiratory tract, ear, nose, throat, lungs, and skin. It stops the bacteria from growing, which helps to resolve the symptoms and cures the infection
Uses / Indications: Althrocin 250mg Tablet is used in the treatment of bacterial infections. It is used in infections of tonsils, sinus, ear, nose, throat, skin and soft tissues, windpipe and lungs (pneumonia).
- Product composition:
- Erythromycin (250mg)
Taking Erthromycin with alcohol may cause minor drug interactions which may not be clinically relevant in all patients.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Althrocin 250mg Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Althrocin will cure your infection and improve symptoms. It may cause an upset stomach. If this happens to you, take it with food. Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Diarrhea may occur as a side effect but should stop when your course is complete. Inform your doctor if it doesn't stop or if you find blood in your stools. Do not take antacids 2 hours before or after taking Althrocin.
- Side Effects:
- Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Diarrhoea, Allergy.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Althrocin 250mg Tablet is to be taken empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Althrocin 250mg Tablet is a macrolide antibiotic. It stops bacterial growth by inhibiting synthesis of essential proteins, which are required by bacteria to carry out vital functions.
- Faq for medicine:
- Is Althrocin/althrocin/erythrocin/erycin an antibiotic? : Althrocin belongs to class of medications called macrolide antibiotics|Is it penicillin? : Erythromycin is not penicillin|Does Althrocin have sulfa in it? : Althrocin does not contain sulfa|Is Althrocin used for sinus infection : Althrocin can be used to treat sinus infection, pink eye, strep throat, UTI, bladder infection, tooth infection, ear infection, chest infection or tonsillitis. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug|Is erythromycin and azithromycin the same? : Erythromycin and azithromycin belongs to same class of drugs, however they differ in their some of the indications|Is Althrocin safe? : Althrocin is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor|Is Althrocin over the counter drug? : Althrocin is not an over the counter drug. It is a prescription drug|Can I take erythromycin with paracetamol : Interaction is not observed, when erythromycin is taken with paracetamol, ibuprofen and vitamins however do consult your doctor before use. Drug interaction may occur when methotrexate is taken with erythromycin|Does Althrocin cause gas : Althrocin may cause gas, weight gain and drowsiness.
- Medicine interaction:
- Althrocin with Disopyramide|Althrocin with Zolmitriptan|Althrocin with Lovastatin|Althrocin with Nicergoline|Althrocin with Ergotamine|Althrocin with Eletriptan|Althrocin with Naratriptan|Althrocin with Reboxetine|Althrocin with Sumatriptan|Althrocin with Sirolimus|Althrocin with Simvastatin|Althrocin with Rizatriptan|Althrocin with Almotriptan|Althrocin with Pitavastatin|Althrocin with Buspirone|Althrocin with Pimozide|Althrocin with Zuclopenthixol|Althrocin with Carbamazepine|Althrocin with Beclometasone|Althrocin with Fentanyl|Althrocin with Haloperidol|Althrocin with Iloperidone|Althrocin with S-Amlodipine|Althrocin with Asenapine|Althrocin with Paliperidone|Althrocin with Darunavir|Althrocin with Benidipine|Althrocin with Hydrocortisone|Althrocin with Oxazepam|Althrocin with Indinavir|Althrocin with Ethylmorphine|Althrocin with Pentazocine|Althrocin with Penfluridol|Althrocin with Azelnidipine|Althrocin with Blonanserin|Althrocin with Betamethasone|Althrocin with Butorphanol|Althrocin with Posaconazole|Althrocin with Pravastatin|Althrocin with Ebastine|Althrocin with Mizolastine|Althrocin with Astemizole|Althrocin with Terfenadine