Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR
Manufacturer Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Salt Composition Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (1000mg)
MRP ₹ 99.00
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Strip of 10 tablets
Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR belongs to a category of medicines known as anti-diabetic drugs. It is a combination of two medicines used to treat type 2 diabetes mellitus in adults. It helps control blood sugar levels in people with diabetes
Uses / Indications: Gemer DS 1 Tablet is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
- Product composition:
- Glimepiride (1mg) + Metformin (1000mg)
Interactions / Warnings:
Taking metformin with alcohol can cause lactic acidosis and you may experience malaise, respiratory distress, slow or irregular heartbeat, sleepiness, stomach upset, or other unusual symptoms.
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Gemer DS 1 Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
- Side Effects:
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Altered taste, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection.
- How to use:
- Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Gemer DS 1 Tablet is to be taken with food.Gemer DS 1 Tablet may cause stomach upset if taken empty stomach.
- How it works:
- Gemer DS 1 Tablet is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. What are the recommended storage conditions for Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR? Keep this medicine in the container or the pack it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children, and other people. Q. Can the use of Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR lead to lactic acidosis? Yes, the use of Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR can lead to lactic acidosis. It is a medical emergency that is caused by increased levels of lactic acid in the blood. It is also known as MALA (Metformin-associated lactic acidosis). It is a rare side effect associated with the use of metformin and therefore, it is considered to be harmful to patients with underlying kidney disease, old age patients, or who take large amounts of alcohol. Symptoms of lactic acidosis may include muscle pain or weakness, dizziness, tiredness, feeling of cold in arms and legs, difficulty in breathing, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, or slow heart rate. If you have these symptoms, stop taking Gemer DS 1 Tablet PR and consult your doctor immediately.