Tugain 10% Solution
Manufacturer Cipla Ltd
Salt Composition Minoxidil (10% w/v)
MRP ₹ 1160.95
Inclusive of all taxes
1 Bottle of 60 ml solution
Tugain 10% Solution belongs to a class of drugs known as vasodilators. It is used to promote hair growth in men with male pattern baldness
Uses / Indications: Treatment of Hair loss
- Product composition:
- Minoxidil (10% w/v)
Interactions / Warnings:
No interaction found/established
- Pregnancy interaction:
- Tugain 10% Solution may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
- Expert advice:
- Wash your hands before and after application. It should only be applied directly to the scalp. If Tugain 10% Solution accidentally comes in contact with your eyes, nose, or mouth, flush the area thoroughly with cool tap water. Do not shampoo your hair or use a hairdryer for 4 hours after applying Tugain 10% Solution as it can reduce the effectiveness of the medicine. During the first 2 weeks of application, your hair fall may increase. This is normal and is a sign that Tugain 10% Solution is working. Take care that Tugain 10% Solution does not trickle down onto your face as it may cause undesirable facial hair growth.
- Side Effects:
- Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them Common side effects of Tugain Skin irritation Itching
- How to use:
- Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use.
- How it works:
- Tugain 10% Solution is a potassium channel opener. Its vasodilation action expands the blood vessels. Therefore, when it is applied to the scalp, it helps to increase blood flow. This increased blood flow provides more nutrition and oxygen to the hair follicles, which prevents hair cell death and also enhances new hair growth. This is how it works to treat your alopecia (hair loss).
- Faq for medicine:
- Q. Is the hair growth by Tugain 10% Solution treatment permanent? You have to continue applying Tugain 10% Solution for continued hair growth. If you stop using Tugain 10% Solution, the regrown hair may disappear after 3-4 months and balding or hair loss may restart. Q. Can Tugain 10% Solution cause weight gain? Yes, Tugain 10% Solution can cause your weight to increase. Exercise regularly and take a balanced diet that includes whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and fat-free products to manage your weight. You may also consult with a dietician to get a diet plan that suits you best.